Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Brand Me Pink

In a world where time is of the essence, the infographic is king. Unfortunately folks sometimes try to squeeze waaaay too much info in an infographic. I mean, if I'm staring at it for more than 2 seconds trying to figure out what you're trying to say, I might as well be reading a paragraph (heaven forbid!) At least then I'll feel confident that by investing my attention for 13 more words I will be rewarded by knowing your (hopefully) coherent thought.

The infographic du jour is from Design Taxi, and it is an interesting snapshot of colors of logos. When I was working at MSN, the network undertook a redesign. They thoroughly tested their various design templates, and the conclusion was... blue. Still. Again. "People like blue." This apparently is true (check out the infographic below), but does that make it memorable? Moreover, is is reflective of your brand personality? Does everyone like the person who is trying to please them, or do they more admire the person who expresses who they are, living in the moment, being genuine?

(Those weren't rhetorical questions. Feel free to answer them.)


Credit: Design Taxi

No comments:

Post a Comment